CG Spectrum is proudly supporting the Summer of Unreal 2022!
If you're based in Europe, Middle East or Africa and want to learn Unreal Engine to increase your skill set and employment opportunities, read on to see how you can participate in this free Unreal Engine course.
What is the Summer of Unreal?
The Summer of Unreal is a free, 4-week bootcamp from teaching the basics of Unreal Engine animation tools.
Developed in partnership with Epic Games, Summer of Unreal is aimed at animators and digital content creatives who want to take their business or career to the next level with real-time animation.
You will develop a solid knowledge base for your future work with Unreal Engine 5 with a focus on animation.
In this free Unreal Engine course, you will learn:
- Workflows for rendering a short film in real time
- How to animate photorealistic digital humans using the MetaHuman framework
- How to create a fictional environment (worldbuilding) using the Quixel Megascan 3D asset library
- The basics of the Niagara visual effects system for creating real-time particle effects
- Production-proven best practices to structure your own Unreal project
- How to use Unreal Engine's animation tools
- How to embed and rig animation characters, plus the layout, settings, and rendering of a scene in the Unreal Engine.
No prior training in Unreal Engine is required. You’ll start with the basics and work your way up from setting up a project to using fully animated MetaHuman in the training sessions, hands-on exercises, and your own project work.
You will work collaboratively and creatively with artists from all over EMEA to find new solutions, learn and develop yourself.
When is it happening?
The Summer of Unreal 2022 is from July 25 - August 19.
The events take place from 9am to 1pm CEST, and you can access comprehensive support on Discord from 2pm – 6pm CEST daily.
It happens only once a year and seats are limited, so apply now!
- 11 Topic-specific half-day training sessions with an exercise component
- 15 Half-day mentoring sessions
- 8 Guest lectures
- 4 Full-day project days
- 1 Half-day final presentation day
How is CG Spectrum involved?
CG Spectrum is an Unreal Authorized Training Center, Unreal Academic Partner, and Unreal Connector, and three of our Real-time Mentors (Ryan Laley, Logan Pinney, and Paul Martin Eliasz) will be representing CGS as Summer of Unreal mentors!
How to apply:
You must be based in Europe, Middle East or Africa to apply. Register through the INCAS website below. See you in class!