Thrive and survive in video games — insider advice for emerging talent
When you're ready to enter the video games industry, recruiters are often the key to unlocking the beginning of your career. CG Spectrum's special guest panel (replay) will allow you to tap into this vital resource!
Hear from game industry experts who share insider advice on how to overcome the unique challenges and barriers facing early career talent—including having no prior industry experience—to shine within this competitive industry.
Plus, some great questions from the audience were answered during the Q&A!
What you'll learn:
- What studios are looking for in new hires and emerging talent
- Networking tips and tricks
- How to harness and translate your non-industry experience to games
- The questions you should (and shouldn't) be asking recruiters
- Alternative ways to gain industry experience to help land your first job
- Tips to prepare for and make the most of your first 30 days in the industry
This panel is ideal for:
- Aspiring game developers of all ages interested in making the most of their new industry role or career, discovering early career opportunities, and the ways studios are supporting new talent
- Mentors and teachers wanting to better support and prepare their students as they enter the industry