Draw upon your inner artist in our Concept Art Discovery Session!
Concept Artist and Dept. Head of Digital Painting, Brandon Reimchen (Electronic Arts, Disney Interactive, Microsoft), is thrilled to host CG Spectrum's free live session Discover: Concept Art!
Learn what concept art entails and how it's used in film, games, and publishing. Brandon will define and walk through some of the drawing fundamentals including mark-making, anatomy, and perspective using a paint-over demonstration in Photoshop.
Adobe Photoshop is an image creation, graphic design, and photo editing software used by digital painters. It provides extensive image editing features for pixel-based images, raster graphics, and vector graphics.
Brandon will also explore how beginners can build upon their fundamental drawing principles and techniques with training from industry experts (and plenty of practice!).
Plus, there'll be a chance to ask questions during our Q&A!
This session is for anyone who:
- Is curious about how concept art is used in film, games, & publishing
- Would like to know more about concept art career paths
- Is interested in studying concept art with mentorship from a pro
- Wants to learn more about Adobe Photoshop software
- Enjoys creating digital art & finding creative technical solutions
What we cover:
- Drawing essentials including basic shapes, symbols, & forms
- How Photoshop works & why it’s used in the industry
- What it’s like to be a concept artist
- How mastering shapes, symbols, & forms allow artists to create believability & effective visual communication
- Next steps in your learning journey
Please note: This discovery session is expected to run for 60-90 minutes. You will need to attend the workshop live, as it will not be recorded.
Limited spots available! Register now to secure your virtual seat.