Add depth to your 3D animation education with CG Spectrum!
Don't miss your chance to discover 3D animation with seasoned Animator and CG Spectrum Dept. Head of 3D Animation, Mark Pullyblank (The Hobbit trilogy, Night at the Museum, The Smurfs)! Learn about the animation process, including posing and how it results in movement, and get a look inside industry-standard 3D animation software Autodesk Maya.
Maya is a 3D software commonly used by 3D animators to manipulate digital 3D characters and props, bringing them to life for film, TV, video games, and more!
Mark will also illustrate how Disney's twelve principles of animation apply in the 3D space with real examples including a bouncing ball (to highlight timing, spacing, and squash and stretch), a walk cycle (to demonstrate posing and over-lapping action), and an acting piece to (showing posing, acting, and appeal) using video footage as reference.
There'll also be a chance to ask questions during our Q&A!
This session is for anyone who:
- Is curious about the 3D animation process
- Would like to know more about 3D animation career paths
- Is interested in studying animation led by an industry pro
- Wants to learn more about Autodesk Maya software
- Enjoys creating digital art and finding creative technical solutions
What we cover:
- What 3D animation is
- Navigation and workflow in Autodesk Maya
- What it’s like to be a 3D animator
- Basic fundamentals of animation, including the 12 principles
- How you could create more complex 3D animations with industry training
- Next steps in your learning journey
Please note: This discovery session is expected to run for 60-90 minutes. You will need to attend the workshop live, as it will not be recorded.
Limited spots available! Register now to secure your virtual seat.